This site will detail our plans for information, outreach, communications
and engagement during our Aerated Static Pile upgrades and beyond.
- Inform: Distribute information about Grimm’s Fuels, our new system upgrades,
and how the community can stay in touch.
- Listen: Initiate and maintain open communication with our neighbors and
respond to questions and concerns.
- Engage. Create channels through which Grimm’s communicates and engages
with the community. Develop a procedure for addressing any concerns
associated with the facility.
Commitments by Grimm’s Fuel
- We are investing in a state-of-the-art composting process called aerated static
pile (ASP) that will significantly reduce odor and modernize our facility. We will
communicate with our neighbors as we complete the construction on this
project. A description of the ASP system and a timeline for implementing is
included further on in this document.
- We commit to operate our facility within our licenses, permits and zoning
- Oregon Metro License L-043-19
- Oregon DEQ Permit #1433
- Oregon Fire Codes
- City of Tualatin Conditional Use Permit
- In addition to the odor reductions we anticipate from implementing the ASP
system, we commit to:
a. Conducting daily odor surveys and log the results.
b. Abiding by the odor complaint protocols as required by Metro and DEQ
and outlined in our Operations Plan.