Although it is kind of hard to tell with all this nice weather. But that is about to change. The weatherman is predicting the return of rain in the coming days as a series of storms approach our area. It is time to clean those gutters and street drains to prevent local flooding.
Free Yard Debris Disposal Day for Tualatin Residents
Saturday November 12, 2022, from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
REMEMBER! Please bring:
- Proof of Tualatin residency
- Non-perishable items for the Tualatin School House Pantry.
- Currently, the Pantry’s most urgent needs include: canned fruits (no applesauce please), canned vegetables, canned meals (ex: SpaghettiOs, ravioli, chili, etc), boxed macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, cereal, dried beans, bags of rice, bulk cooking/baking items (ex: flour, salt, sugar, spices), and hygiene items such as toilet paper, shampoo/conditioner, bar soap, toothpaste, feminine products, and powdered laundry soap (bulk is fine!)
- The Pantry is always in need of paper grocery bags and small/medium empty boxes
- Please do not bring expired items!
Dry, Seasoned Firewood
This year, the high cost of heating oil and natural gas is going to put a strain on the heating budget and burning wood is an excellent home heating option. Our premium firewood is going fast so stock up now while supplies last.
- Burn seasoned firewood-Improves efficiency and reduces creosote buildup.
- Clean your chimney- Keeping your chimney clean helps prevent home fires.
- Stack in a sheltered, well-ventilated place-Cover the top but leave the sides open.
- Get it now! Finding dry, well-seasoned firewood in the middle of winter is impossible.