The wet weather has made it slow going for finalizing the new ASP pad. We took advantage of the short break in the weather to pave the approach to the 16 zones. We measured 9.0″ of rain in January. Next closest January was in 2012 at 8.37.
The progress on the new ASP composting floor continues and is nearing completion. Soon we’ll be loading it and composting. We were able to test the air flow last week and the results showed an air throughput exceeding the Green Mountain design specification by 30%.
Our demonstration ASP zones continue to do well, we’ve completed 51 batches since February. Air is mostly comprised of 78% nitrogen and 20.9% oxygen and the average internal oxygen reading of our test zones is 18.05%. We will have no problem maintaining the aerobic composting process with the increased air throughput of the new floor.
When we get the zones loaded and in process we will invite you for a visit.
Nearly 600 yards of yard debris was brought in on Saturday, over 12% from Tualatin residents taking advantage of Grimm’s Tualatin Free Dump Day. Thank you for all who brought in the food donations for the Tualatin Food Pantry. Tualatin Food Pantry serves residents of Tualatin, Durham, Lake Oswego, West Linn and Wilsonville, providing emergency food boxes with up to 5 days worth of food and personal supplies to needy residents.
Bring non-perishable items for the Tualatin School House Pantry.
Saturday, November 2, 2019 – 9:00am to 1:00pm
Grimm’s Fuel Co. (18850 SW Cipole Road, Tualatin, OR 97062)
Yard debris consists of leaves, weeds, grass clippings, branches and prunings no larger than 4 inches in diameter or 8 feet in length.
REMEMBER! Please bring:
- Proof of Tualatin residency
- Non-perishable items for the Tualatin School House Pantry.
- Currently, the Pantry’s most urgent needs include: canned fruits (no applesauce please), canned vegetables, canned meals (ex: spaghettios, ravioli, chili, etc), boxed macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, cereal, dried beans, bags of rice, bulk cooking/baking items (ex: flour, salt, sugar, spices), and hygiene items such as toilet paper, shampoo/conditioner, bar soap, toothpaste, feminine products, and powdered laundry soap (bulk is fine!)
- The Pantry is always in need of paper grocery bags and small/medium empty boxes
- Please do not bring expired items!
We continue to process and monitor our test batches – 37 completed so far, a bit over 4,450 tons of yard debris composted via ASP since early February 2019.